Andrea moved back to her home state in 2017 and at that time launched Law Office of the Ozarks. After being an owner of Pates Law Group, P.A. in Orlando, Florida since 2012, she knew the holistic approach to the family law practice would serve the Southwest, Missouri community well. She attended Barry University School of Law.
Andrea’s decision to attend law school was a direct result of her passion to help families. While in law school, she received the Family and Child Concentration in conjunction with her Juris Doctor. Due to her particular interest in building strong families, Andrea has also been qualified as a Missouri Civil and Family Mediator and Certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a Family Law Mediator. She is also a Parenting Coordinator and a trained Collaborative Law attorney.
Andrea works diligently to utilize her skills and training to help families work through conflict. She is available to both parties in disputes as an independent third party who can help develop resolution. Andrea recognizes that ensuring the best interest of the minor child often requires reducing conflict and learning how to function effectively as a family during and after the legal process.
Family Law Mediator
Professional Memberships & Activities
- Orange County Bar Association, 2008 – Present
- Young Lawyer’s Section, 2008 – Present
- Family Law Section, 2008 – Present
- Christian Legal Society, 2008 – Present
- Central Florida Association for Women’s Lawyers, 2008 – Present
- Family Law Inns of Court, 2009 – Present
- Central Florida Collaborative Law Group, 2009 – Present
- Board of Directors; Foundation For Foster Children, 2010 – Present
- Advisory Committee; One Church One Child, 2010 – Present
- Family Services of Metro Orlando, Educational Subcommittee, 2010-2011
- Member of the Central Florida Educational Initiative Program, 2010 – 2011
- Advisory Council for the Open Hearts Program, 2011 – Present
- Advisor at the Gamma Chi Chapter of the Alpha Chi Omega Sorority, 2007-2010.
- Winter Park Chamber of Commerce member, 2012-present
- Southern Missouri Women’s Lawyer, 2018-present
- Board of Directors; Southern Missouri Arts Connection, 2017-Present
- Vice President, 2018-Present
- Board of Directors; Child Abuse Prevention and Elimination Foundation, 2018-present